If you’re still confused on which indoor plants to look out for your home, we bring you the top 5 most recommended house plants. These house plants don’t just improve the air quality, promote positive energy, but even add charm to your home interiors.
Whether you live in a grand villa or a high-end luxury apartment, these house plants will promote good health and scale up the green quotient of your home.
- Money Plant: Also known as Devil’s Ivy and Golden Pothos, the money plant is the most common of all the houseplants. These plants are abundantly available and grow very quickly. NASA had identified a number of plants that cleanse the impurities out of the air and the money plant was found to be one of them.
Image courtesy: giftsflorists2000.com
- Tulsi or Holy Basil: Another common houseplant, Tulsi has mythological and religious significance for the Hindus. The plant is considered to be an incarnation of the Goddess Tulsi, offering divine protection. Commonly called sacred or holy basil, it is the principal herb of Ayurveda, the ancient traditional holistic health system of India. Keeping this holy basil plant at home improves vaastu, wards off evil spirit, brings good luck and prevents insects and mosquitoes from entering the house.
Image courtesy: thehindu.com
- Bamboo Plant: A symbol of good luck, the bamboo plant is widely used in both homes and offices as it is considered to be a great Feng Shui element. It stands for solidarity and oneness in the family. Bamboo brings together all the five elements of Feng Shui, which are wood, earth, water, fire and metal. Even, the specific number of bamboo stalks play an important role, say, 3 stalks for happiness, 5 for health and 8 stalks for wealth and abundance.
Image courtesy: flowersbysears.ca
- Areca Palm: The spirited palm is readily available all over India. It’s not just easy to maintain as it needs watering once or twice in three days, but is also very effective in cleansing indoor air toxins.
Image courtesy: jogindernursery.com
- Plumeria Plant: This will bring in colour to your patio with red, yellow and white plumeria flowers. Easy to grow, this plant needs a warm, well-lit spot in a home or garden with minimal care and attention. The flowers are widely used to make beautiful garlands.
Image courtesy: garden.org
Bring in these beautiful yet energizing house plants and liven up your space in an eco-friendly way.